A. Digital DESIGN SET UP
Step 1:Discussion with the customer of what African Jacquard offers:
- Choice of product: tea towel, runner etc.
- Product specifications and required quantities.
- Design or story which the customer wants to emphasise: for example the icons specific to the hotel, manor house, logo etc.
Step 2:If the design is supplied, we proceed with Step 4.
If the design is not supplied. First Presentation of 2 to 3 design options followed by a discussion with the client regarding any changes to the design.
Step 3:Editing of design and second presentation of final designs will be presented to the client by African Jacquard, if applicable.
B. TEST SAMPLE PER DESIGN WITH 3 DIFFERENT COLOURS ON THE LOOM (NOT COMPULSORY BEFORE ORDERING)
Step 4:Once the design is agreed upon by the customer, the design is sent to our Fabric Designer/manufacturer, and a sample is woven. Here we test the requested colours and patterns according to design, on the loom. The Jacquard process means that you can see the design on both sides and it allows different pattern of weaving according to the design. That is why this is a unique, high quality product.
Step 5:Presentation of finish hemmed product to the customer.
Step 6:Final agreement and sign off of test sample.
- Minimum quantities of 100m per design and per colour way.
- Production lead time: 8 - 10 weeks.
- Our products are proudly woven in Cape Town. Our labels clearly indicate that the product is proudly South African.
- We could display our products in a transparent plastic sleeve, with a raffia bow and a small card showing product information, the full design and size.
- Our prices are structured according to the quality of the design (design fee may apply if edits are required) quantities, size of the product, finish (straight hem or mitre corner hem). The sampling fee is set (see B) yet can be altered if designs are changed mid-process.